Mishawaka Auto Accident Lawyers Get You Compensation for Your Injuries
Recovering damages for the long-lasting effects of car accidents
Accidents on the road can happen to anyone, at any time. Despite their frequency, auto accidents, even minor fender benders can result in long-term damage to your back, neck and other muscles. Some can even result in traumatic brain injuries, with devastating and life-changing consequences. At Griner & Company, Attorneys at Law, our Mishawaka-based law firm represents clients in personal injury suits following car accidents. We help you get the compensation you need after a crash caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior behind the wheel.
Even if your injuries following a car accident seem minor at the time, we advise you to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers in Mishawaka. Some seemingly minor injuries can have long-lasting effects. Some injuries and their rehabilitation costs may not be covered by your insurance company. Typical injuries following an auto accident include:
- Back and neck strain — The force of impact often causes the muscles around someone’s back and neck to jerk. This stresses the muscles, causing painful conditions like whiplash. Although these injuries are often temporary, some cause victims lingering pain for years following the accident.
- Spinal damage — Injuries to the spinal column affect a person’s ability to feel and move. Damage to vertebrae or nerves can make any movement painful or impossible.
- Cuts and burns — Air bags that deploy as well as broken glass and metal from a crash can cause damage to someone’s face and neck, resulting in cuts and even nerve damage.
- Broken limbs — Collisions often lead to broken bones. Rehabbing a broken leg, arm or ribs can be painful and time-consuming, and have a huge impact on your ability to work.
- Traumatic brain injury — Doctors are only just beginning to understand the long-term effects of concussions and other traumatic brain injuries. An impact from a car accident is capable of causing significant brain damage.
- Emotional symptoms — The psychological effects of a car accident can be as damaging as the physical ones — and last long after the physical injuries heal. We help you seek damages for the emotional trauma caused by your accident.
If you’ve suffered any injuries from a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation for current and future medical costs. Griner & Company, Attorneys at Law works with accident victims in St. Joseph, Elkhart and Marshall Counties and is happy to speak with you about your accident case.
Dangerous driving is a serious problem in Indiana
Statistics show that dangerous or aggressive driving is the cause of many car accidents — and an important factor in determining liability. In Indiana, the most recent statistics show that:
- More than 188,000 traffic collisions resulted in property damage or injury
- 674 car accidents involved fatalities
- Nearly one in five accidents were speed related
- Dangerous driving was a factor in 12 percent of all traffic collisions
- Almost 40 percent of dangerous driving collisions involved alcohol
In our state, the sheer number of accidents leading to injuries and property damage is staggering. If you’ve been involved in an auto accident, you should speak with an attorney immediately to give yourself the best possible chance of recovering damages.
Contact us for a free initial consultation if you’ve been involved in a car accident
Car accidents often result in long-term medical costs and complicated insurance issues. Griner & Company, Attorneys at Law represents auto accident victims in Mishawaka and South Bend as well as Elkhart and Marshall Counties. We make hospital visits and offer contingency fees, so you don’t have to pay until you receive compensation. Contact us at 574.213.5300 or online to arrange a free initial consultation.